We believe innovation and entrepreneurship are pathways for future prosperity in our communities.
The Valley Heartland Innovation Centre (VHIC) is a one-stop-shop for accessing capital, advice, training, and a supportive environment for unconventional and actionable Economic Development projects.
Facilities + Technology
The Training Room is a 1,400 sq ft space ideal for small conferences, training, webinars, and team-building events. The room features the latest plug-and-play technology to invigorate collaboration, innovation, and learning.
Digital Media Lab
The Digital Media Lab is a photo/video editing and podcast studio with the latest technology and software to help start up your business’s content and creative development to reach new audiences.
Room + Lab Rentals
Are you interested in using our Training Room for your next event or workshop? Or taking your digital marketing to the next level with our Digital Media Lab? Click the button below to book a room and pay online. Give us a call at 613-283-7002 x 109 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any booking questions.
We offer a modern and sophisticated office space to work in alongside like-minded organizations in a collaborative community environment. Available private offices come fully furnished with 32in video conferencing screens, phones, a filing cabinet, and sit/stand ergonomic desks for your physical well-being.
Co-locating in VHIC is ideal for organizations supporting business or community development, looking to establish a satellite office in Eastern Ontario or Lanark County, extending service outreach, or relocating existing offices. Co-location gives you the opportunity to partner and collaborate with Valley Heartland on joint programs.
Office Lease Inclusions + Amenities
Turnkey rental offices include:
- (1) sit/stand desk
- (1) basic computer chair
- (1) 2 drawer lateral file cabinet with built-in combination lock
- (1) 32in television w/ webcam
- (1) VoIP phone w/ dedicated extension, long-distance calling, and voicemail to email feature that forwards voicemail messages as audio files to your inbox.
- (1) set of keys
Other inclusions + amenities:
- (1) full-day (8-hour maximum) complimentary use of the Training Room each quarter or four times per fiscal year – April-March (Value $800.00).
- Complimentary access to the Collab Lounge and Meeting Pod
- Access to Valley Heartland public Wifi (unsecured network)
- Internal office door signage and entrance door decal
- Weekly janitorial services
- Heat, hydro, water, property taxes, grounds maintenance, and common fees
- Free onsite parking with 60+ spaces including dedicated spaces for persons with disabilities and expectant mothers.
- Access to staff washrooms & kitchenette (with fridge/freezer, microwave, toaster oven, water cooler, and bean-to-cup coffee machine)
- Onsite mailbox
The Think Tank
A brainstorming and team-building space perfect for small "out of the office" and "outside the box" strategy meetings. Features a Glass Whiteboard, Meeting Owl, 32in television w/ webcam, natural light, and room to fit four to five comfortably.
The Meeting Pod
The Pod is designed for better one-on-one discussions and video calls. Connect confidently with a built-in 180-degree camera to collaborate with everyone in the pod.
The Collab Lounge
This contemporary lounge allows employees and visitors flexibility and comfort in a space filled with natural light and healthy greenery to promote a positive working environment. The Collab Lounge is where people come together to collaborate and share ideas.